- MICHAEL’S C.E. (AIDED) PRIMARY SCHOOL
“I have come that everyone may have life and have it to the full (John10:10)
Newsletter 1 – Autumn Term 2017
Wednesday 6th September
Welcome back to school after the Summer break! We hope children are well and refreshed, ready to commence an exciting new term at St Michael’s. We would also like to extend a warm welcome to families new to St. Michael’s including our very youngest Nursery age children who are about to commence their early years’ education in our lovely Nursery environment.
There has been much hard work in progress during the holidays and I am pleased to say the extensive re-piping of our heating system is now complete. All staff are striving to create pleasant and efficient working environments for your children. Mr. and Mrs. Willshire have worked hard to enhance the outside provision for Reception and Year 1 children.
Dolce School Meals – please note this communication from Dolce.
‘With supermarkets vilified for tipping tons of good food every year, I think we would all acknowledge that food waste is morally wrong and we are taking steps to do what we can to minimise this with more attractive menus and careful portion control. However, food waste attributed to orders not being collected at the hotplate is a growing headache. In this financial year alone, over three hundred thousand meals were ordered, prepared in the kitchen and binned because the pupil for whom it was ordered did not cancel the order or attend the hotplate. We will have to improve on this. In January, all school meals ordered and not cancelled by 9.30 a.m. will be charged’.
Beginning of School Day
- The Caretaker will open top and bottom gates between 8.30/8.40 a.m. and close them at 9.00 a.m.
- Please let staff know if someone else is picking your child up from school.
- If your child should be attending a sports club and will not be doing so on a particular night, please let the office or teacher know. Staff have a register giving details of children listed for clubs and will ensure a safe handover to the relevant sports supervisor before the sports club register is taken.
- In the first few days of school please could you make yourself known to the new teacher so we can provide a safe handover at the end of the school day. Please make yourself visible when the class comes to the back door, before you relax and chat to one another.
- It would be helpful, and in consideration of all after school activities, if you could leave the school premises as quickly as possible.
Please take note of meetings arranged for Parents with the relevant class teachers:
Year 1 Wednesday 6th September 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.
Year 2 Thursday 7th September 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.
Year 3 Friday 8th September 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.
Year 4 Monday 11th September 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.
Year5/Y6 Tuesday 12th September 3.00 – 3.30 p.m.
Staff will discuss the year’s homework, ICT and educational visits and be available to answer any other questions you may have.
Please label all items of your child’s uniform. The standard of our children’s appearance is a tribute to your
commitment to purchasing appropriate uniform. In light of this, it is in everyone’s interest that uniform is well labelled to enable misplaced items to reach their rightful owner!
Please ensure your child brings to school a freshly charged, named water bottle each day.
Class DoJo System
Most parents should be connected to Class DoJo, if not, please speak to your child’s classteacher.
May I thank you all, in advance, for your continued support of your child’s education here at St. Michael’s.
Alison Drayton, Headteacher