A new Lockdown Procedure has been added to the School Policies page.
A Lockdown occurs when circumstances dictate that the safety of pupils and staff is better ensured inside current buildings, with doors and windows locked and any blinds/curtains drawn. It must be appreciated that all situations are unique and it must be left to the discretion of the person(s) in charge to take action most likely to assure the safety of as many children as possible. The circumstances which may trigger the implementation of the procedures detailed below, may include:
- An incident or civil disturbance in the local community which poses a risk to the school.
- An intruder on the site with the potential to pose a risk to the school.
- Local risk of air pollution, such as a smoke plume or gas cloud.
- A major fire in the vicinity of the school.
- A dangerous dog roaming loose
To download the full Lockdown Procedure please go to the School Policies page.